Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The future is here

Just to let you know, I've been hired on by a UK based website called Gamer's Guide to Life. All my writing is volunteer right now, but this is the big break I've been waiting for. Not only can I show other credible people that I'm reliable, but I can demonstrate my skills and knowledge as a writer for the gaming industry.

I'm also writing for their news outlet called System Link. They're basically the same website, but focus on two particular forms of information. GGTL is more of a Giant Bomb or IGN, leaving news and other more informative articles to System Link. The articles I write are actually fully owned by GGTL, which is a bit of a bummer but I figure you have to take some risks in order to get anywhere. Hopefully this all ends up working out beautifully.

I asked for permission to post special articles on this blog and they seemed to be fine with it. From now on though, all the promotional stuff will focus on the main post at GGTL. So no worries, I'll still be posting here, but know that the focus is on GGTL and hopefully me progressing into an actual career.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. it feels like ages since yer last post! =[ =[ =[

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been tough for me to post as of late. I'm working three friggin' jobs and am barely able to write enough for this other website.

    I'm sorry, I'll try harder to make this all work.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the portfolio of yours truly!

Check out my professional portfolio here ! My name is Andrew Whipple III, former video gaming journalist extraordinaire! This here Blogger p...